We all feel the blues sometimes and most of us get over it within a month. Some people however continue to feel the blues even after a month. These are the people who need professional help from mental health specialists. If you or someone you know, continue to suffer mental anguish for more than a month it means that the condition has turned chronic and your mental health status is now unstable.
With more than 20 years of experience in talk therapies, we can help you handle a variety of difficult situations and personal concerns. Often just a few visits are all that is needed to stabilize your state of mind
Therapies may be indicated if a person has major changes in behavior:
- Withdrawing or refusing to participate in normal, everyday activities.
- Being too anxious or panic-stricken to participate in activities.
- Display sudden outbursts of anger without a good reason.
- Having a constant feeling of sadness and disappointment.
- Hearing, feeling or seeing things that are not actually present.
- Increased use of alcohol, drugs and tobacco.
- Wishing to be dead or exhibiting suicidal tendencies.